Cannabis is an annual herb that has been used to make ropes and sacks by separating its stems from fibers since ancient times. Its seed is used as bird feed or in oil production. The fact that all kinds of products produced in the petroleum industry, which are the main cause of greenhouse gas emissions, can be made from cannabis, that no drugs are used in herbal production, and that it is an alternative to plastic, makes cannabis a very valuable plant within the scope of global climate change. The most common cannabis product we come across is cannabis oil. So what is cannabis oil?
Cannabis oil is produced by pressing cannabis seeds. The original cannabis oil, which is unrefined after pressing, is green in color and has a walnut flavor aroma. The oil, which can both be consumed and applied to the skin, has numerous benefits. When oil is desired to be consumed, it is recommended to drink 1 teaspoon per day. Experts state that this helps the development and functioning of the immune system. However, regular use is recommended to get an efficient result from the oil.
The oil, which is stated to be good for many diseases, can be widely used especially against joint pain. The herbal product also contributes to heart health, but it is recommended to be consumed in the amount and frequency considered appropriate by the experts. Oil consumed in the appropriate amount and frequency can also add flavor to meals. However, at this point, it is extremely important to use the appropriate amount. It is preferred by many people thanks to its role in helping the immune system and lowering cholesterol.
What Is Cannabis Oil?
One of the oils that stand out with its benefits for the skin and hair is cannabis oil. Until recently, this product, which we did not know much about its benefits, was not produced much before. Because it was forbidden to grow cannabis. But when the benefits of cannabis oil became known, restrictions on its production were relaxed a bit. In this way, we had the opportunity to meet this oil, which is one of the healing components of nature.
Cannabis oil is obtained by cold pressing the seeds of the cannabis plant. Also known as simply cannabis oil. This natural component, which contains beneficial fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6 in its chemistry, is also very rich in amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins.
The reason why cannabis was banned for a while is that the plant itself has a psychoactive effect. Unconscious consumption of the plant, which is among the chemical substances that affect human behavior, poses a danger and is addictive. Therefore, its production is limited. But this danger does not apply to oil. What we are talking about is a situation that occurs when the leaves of the plant are consumed. Cannabis oil comes to the fore in many areas with its benefits:
- Cannabis oil moisturizes, softens, and nourishes the skin.
- Cannabis oil contains vitamin E, this oil nourishes the hair from the root, reduces spills. It puts an end to the dandruff problem. After regular use, the hair gains a stronger and brighter form.
- The fatty acids in their content support heart health.
- The oil, which contains arginine amino acids, which are vital for blood flow, protects vascular health.
- It helps to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it accelerates the healing of inflammations.
- Special molecules in its chemistry help the nervous system to function in a healthy way.
- Cannabis oil, which also has a hormonal regulating effect, reduces menstrual pain.
- Cannabis oil also has the ability to hold free radicals that negatively affect body systems. Its chlorophyll-containing structure ensures the removal of toxins.
- Cannabis oil contains nine of the 20 essential amino acids that the human body cannot produce. And consuming fats rich in such essential amino acids helps preserve muscle mass. In addition, the sleep of the body, which works more properly, is also regulated.
- It is used in perfume, home, and room fragrances, as its nice aroma gives a pleasant smell.
- Cannabis oil deeply moisturizes the skin. It provides a much softer form.
- Thanks to its content that supports the building blocks of the skin, it maintains the elasticity of the skin. Since the skin can be stretched, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is minimized.
- This oil, which is good for inflammation, can be used for acne problems on the skin. It dries out the acne and allows existing spots to pass.
- It takes the itching of eczema on the skin and provides the recovery of the scaly skin.
- It helps to treat irritation and burn spots.
- The omega fatty acids it contains rejuvenate the skin and provide relief from the tired appearance.
The uses of cannabis oil are listed below:
- It can be used as a hair mask. Apply some cannabis oil from the roots to the ends of the hair. Wrap your hair and wait for an hour. Then wash your hair with lukewarm water. You can also do this by adding different natural oils to cannabis oil.
- Up to one tablespoon of cannabis oil can be taken orally per day. It is important not to exceed this amount to prevent allergic reactions. In addition, people with chronic diseases should not use this oil without consulting a doctor.
- If the doctor finds it appropriate or if you have not had an allergy problem before; You can pour the oil as a dressing on the salad or mix it with water and drink it.
- Cannabis oil can be used as a make-up remover. You can remove your make-up with a few drops of oil on a cotton ball. But applying pure cannabis oil to the skin every day can cause allergies after a point.
- Cannabis oil can be applied to the problem areas on the skin with the help of a clean cotton ball. However, it may not always be appropriate to apply directly to the entire face as a moisturizer. For this, you can use cosmetics and make-up products containing cannabis oil. Or you can mix some oil into existing creams.
Features and Benefits of Cannabis Oil
One of the omega-6 fatty acids contained in cannabis oil is gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory and also promotes skin growth and new cell formation. This can help soothe skin inflammation and irritation, including some conditions like acne and psoriasis, while keeping the skin nourished and hydrated.
One of the things that make cannabis oil so beneficial for the skin is that it is rich in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. A randomized, single-blind crossover study found evidence that dietary cannabis oil reduced the symptoms and appearance of clinical atopic dermatitis after 20 weeks. Cannabis oil has anti-aging properties as well as moisturizing and soothing the skin. Cannabis oil can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, as well as prevent the development of signs of aging.
Linoleic acid and oleic acids found in cannabis oil cannot be produced by the body, but can play a very important role in skin health and delaying aging, so they are important nutrients to add to the diet. The cannabis oil contains a high 3:1 ratio of essential fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3. Studies have found that the ratio should never exceed 4:1, meaning that 3:1 is an excellent ratio for our health.
These essential fatty acids help prevent heart disease by lowering blood cholesterol levels due to their β-sitosterol content. Cannabis oil is also a good source of Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) and is rich in the enzyme lipase, which is excellent non-invasive chelation therapy for the removal of plaque buildup from blood vessels and cell membranes. In this way, it supports heart health and prevents heart disease.
The amino acid arginine in cannabis oil contributes to the production of nitric acid, which relaxes and dilates blood vessels. This is how it lowers blood pressure and helps prevent heart disease. Finally, the GLA in cannabis oil is known to reduce inflammation, which often prevents heart disease caused by inflammation. The essential fatty acids in cannabis oil are necessary for the body to synthesize endocannabinoids to boost the immune system. This makes it a good idea to take cannabis oil regularly as an immune-boosting supplement.
The gamma-linoleic acid (GLA) found in cannabis oil is known for its inflammation-fighting ability. This is good news for people with arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. For example, people with multiple sclerosis (a chronic inflammatory disorder) who participated in one study were given cannabis oil and evening primrose oil and their symptoms improved. Scientists believe it may also be beneficial in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Many people use cannabis oil as a natural pain reliever because it reduces pain when swallowed or applied topically. This combined with its anti-inflammatory properties makes it a useful ally for injuries, infections, or autoimmune disorders that cause pain. Subjective evidence suggests that cannabis oil is a mild pain-relieving massage oil that can be rubbed into muscles or sore joints (due to injury, wear, tear, or inflammation) after a workout. For people who don’t want to take allopathic pain relievers for chronic pain, there is hope in cannabis oil.
Cannabis oil contains low levels of cannabinoids found by research to relieve anxiety in people with social anxiety disorder. The oil is quite likely to reduce the symptoms of depression as well. It is already known that essential fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6 improve memory and prevent age-related decline in brain function.
One review suggests that several studies show that CBD and other compounds in cannabis oil work in a way that possibly protects the brain and nervous system.
It can alleviate or prevent Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain, ADHD, and childhood seizure disorders. Diabetes is due to an unbalanced intake of essential fatty acids. Because cannabis oil is rich in essential fatty acids, it has a high potential for the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
Research on the effectiveness of cannabis oil for digestive health is lacking. However, in omega-3 essential fatty acids, DHA and EPA are known to synthesize compounds called eicosanoids that regulate the secretion of hormones and digestive juices. They also have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract and may alleviate some digestive system problems such as inflammatory bowel disorder.
Finally, fatty acids help the development of good microbes in the intestinal flora, improving digestion and the immune system. In all these ways, cannabis oil helps improve overall digestive health. Subjective evidence suggests that applying the oil to the scalp tends to reduce a variety of scalp issues, including dryness, itching, and dandruff, and will likely treat scalp psoriasis.
Cannabis Oil Is Good for Skin Problems
Do you feel your skin more tense or uncomfortable than usual and you just can’t figure out why? There could be several reasons for this. But among the main causes are stress, fatigue, and moisture loss. This can lead to the appearance of redness on the skin, tightness / burning sensation, and many other problems. At such times, in order to eliminate the problem, it is necessary to turn to care products that have a soothing effect on the skin. Among these, the products that stand out with their strong effects are care products containing cannabis oil!
Cannabis oil is produced from the seeds of the Cannabis Sativa plant, a psychoactive form of cannabis (THC: Tetrahydrocannabinol). The seeds, which are cleaned after being collected from the plant, are squeezed with the cold press method. Finally, the cannabis oil, which has undergone refining, takes on a clear appearance.
Cannabis oil contains many beneficial components such as omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, mono (oleic acid), polyunsaturated fats (linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, gamma-linoleic acid), and stearidonic acid. For this reason, it is widely used in both the food and cosmetics industries. In addition, cannabis oil can be helped in the industry and in the production of cleaning products. However, the oil used in these sectors is called industrial cannabis oil due to the difference in the processing method.
Cannabis oil helps to achieve effective results in skincare due to its rich active ingredients. Moreover, this oil can be used in all hair, face, and body care. The benefits of products containing cannabis oil to the skin are endless:
- It helps to support the moisture balance of the skin.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it protects the skin against free radicals and gives it a strong feeling.
- It provides a soft look to the skin.
- It relaxes the skin by giving a soothing feeling to the skin.
Cannabis oil can offer powerful nourishing care for hair, body, and skin thanks to the components it contains. This oil, which is a strong source of vitamin E in particular, stands out with its refreshing effect. But formulas containing cannabis oil are primarily known for their soothing properties. Formulas containing this oil are very effective to help reduce the feeling of discomfort on the skin.
For this reason, it is often used by adding it to hair masks or adding it to face/body moisturizing mixtures. Just like all other naturally sourced ingredients, it is of great importance to use cannabis oil consciously. Would you like to discover an alternative where you can experience the benefits of cannabis oil with peace of mind?
Cannabis oil helps soothe skin discomfort! Containing cannabis oil and oregano oil, this formula helps balance the skin’s moisture. Thus, the skin gets a relaxed feeling. The result is skin that looks soothed and relaxed! Don’t waste time for a fresher, more comfortable, and much softer skin feeling! Start your cannabis oil care right now!
What is CBD Oil?
CBD (Cannabidiol) is one of the 2 important active compounds in the extract obtained from the leaves, buds, and flowers of the cannabis plant with the “Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Extraction (CO2)” method, the other is THC, which has a “psychoactive” feature. After the CBD is separated from the THC, the pure CBD extract remains. This component is generally dissolved in cannabis oil and offered for sale as a food supplement with certain concentration ratios (such as 5%, 10%, 20%).
The name of this final product is CBD oil. CBD is not an oil per se, it is named CBD OIL after the CBD extract is dissolved in other oils. Hemp oil is obtained from the seeds of the hemp plant by cold pressing. Hemp Oil is obtained from the seeds of the hemp plant by the “Cold Press” method. It is also known as Cannabis Oil or Hemp Seed Oil in the market, so it is often confused with CBD oil among consumers.
The most important differences are the method of obtaining and the active ingredients. Since hemp oil is obtained by cold pressing the seeds of the hemp plant, the active ingredients in it are mainly vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids such as OMEGA-3 – OMEGA-6. CBD Oil contains Cannabidiol, the active ingredient of CBD. This substance affects the Endocannabinoid system in our body.
The endocannabinoid system is a receptor system involved in some physiological processes in the brain. In short, Hemp oil and CBD Oil are different from each other in terms of active substance, effectiveness, and production method. There may be those in the market who say that hemp oil is CBD oil to mislead consumers, it is better not to give credit to them. If a product contains hemp oil, it says “Cannabis sativa seed oil” or “hemp seed oil” in the ingredients on the label.
If there is CBD, it should be written “Cannabidiol” with the percentage of the active ingredient. It is important to note that CBD writing on the front of the label does not mean that the product actually contains CBD. CBD is used by a large user community and as a result, they say it is a complementary food supplement that works against many diseases such as Anxiety, Chronic Pain, Depression, Addiction suppression, Epilepsy, Blood Pressure, Insomnia, Spasms, and Parkinson’s.
CBD can have side effects, and, although rare, nausea, fatigue, and irritability may occur when used in high amounts. CBD can increase the level of the blood-thinning coumadin in your blood and raise the levels of certain other drugs in your blood by the same mechanism that grapefruit juice does. A major safety concern with CBD is that it is marketed and sold primarily as a food supplement, not a medicine. CBD oil may interact with certain medications, including some medications used to treat epilepsy.
CBD inhibits an enzyme called cytochrome P450 (CYP450), which some drugs use for metabolism. CBD can increase the toxicity of these drugs or decrease their effectiveness by interfering with CYP450. If you have somehow obtained CBD Oil and want to use it for any of your health problems, be sure to consult your doctor to make sure that it will not affect the drugs you use. Remember, CBD is not a drug, it is a complementary, supportive and fortifying product.
Best Cannabis Oils That You Can Buy Online
- Edens Garden Cannabis Essential Oil, 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade (Undiluted Natural/Homeopathic Aromatherapy Scented Essential Oil Singles) 10 ml
- Edens Garden Yuzu Cannabliss Essential Oil Synergy Blend, 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade (Undiluted Natural/ Homeopathic Aromatherapy Scented Essential Oil Blends) 10 ml
- PURA D’OR Organic Moroccan Argan Oil (4oz / 118mL) USDA Certified 100% Pure Cold Pressed Virgin Premium Grade Moisturizer Treatment for Dry & Damaged Skin, Hair, Face, Body, Scalp & Nails
- Miracle Botanicals Cannabis Sativa Essential Oil – 100% Pure Cannabis Sativa – Therapeutic Grade – 2.5ML